The Duraflame 1500 Watt Infrared Heater is a quartz heater that functions as a source of supplemental heat for rooms up to 1000 sq. ft., like most offices and bedrooms.
It provides safe and energy efficient heat using quartz infrared heating elements.
Once the room is at the proper temperature, an automatic thermostat turns the heater on and off to maintain the room’s ambient temperature. A remote control is included, and the heater arrives at your door fully assembled and ready to go.
Durable casters make this heater easily portable, and it is protected by a 1-year limited warranty.
- Arrives assembled and ready to use.
- Plugs into a standard home electrical outlet with a 6ft. long 120V three prong power cord.
- Durable inconspicuous casters make the unit easily portable from one room to the other.
- Infrared quarts heating elements provide enough heat to warm a room up to 1000 sq. ft.
- Balances heating in the room by keeping the temperature differential between the ceiling and the floor between two and three degrees.
- Standard safety cut off to prevent overheating.
- Protected by a one year limited warranty on defective parts.
- Striking black finish with aluminum striping highlights.
Reviewers have a lot of positive things to say about the Duraflame 1500 Watt Infrared Heater. Buyers like the fact that the heater is cool to the touch when in operation, making it safe to use with children and pets present. They also like the effect it has on utility bills, with one reviewer saving almost $300 a month. Another saw a rise in their electricity bill, but their oil usage was nullified. This amounted to a savings to a similar savings of about $300 a month. Considering the cost of the unit, with these savings it would pay for itself in less than one month. The heater is easy to operate with the included remote control, runs quietly, and heats quickly.
The negative comments were not too bad, but definitely warrant some discussion. A couple of commenters stated that the heater runs a little too loud for their taste, It drew some criticism for looks as well, with one reviewer noting that the black finish did not match well with expensive and fancy furnishings. A couple of the reviews indicated that the heater did not heat up rooms less than 1000 sq. ft., which is in direct contrast to a number of positive reviews.
Infrared room heaters are intended to provide supplemental heat. Do not expect them to completely replace your home’s own heating system. Many buyers become turned off when they learn this fact. These heaters are designed to maintain temperatures, and usually do so rather well. This in turn keeps the home’s system from working too hard, decreasing energy usage. The Duraflame 1500 Watt Infrared Heater would be especially useful in areas were heating fuel is expensive. This heater comes highly recommended by those who chose to review it in line. This is a good, attractive, and quiet supplemental heater that will work well for you, just as long as you do not ask it to do too much.